Tish Boyle is an editor, food writer and cookbook author with expertise in baking, desserts and chocolate. A graduate of Smith College and La Varenne Ecole de Cuisine, Tish has held a variety of positions in the food world, including chef on a luxury barge traveling the canals of France, pastry chef, caterer, food stylist and recipe developer.
Tish has written several dessert and baking books including Chocolate Passion (Wiley, 2000), Diner Desserts (Chronicle Books, 2000), The Good Cookie (HMH, 2002), The Cake Book (HMH, 2006) and Flavorful (HMH, 2015). Co-writing credits include Payard Desserts (HMH, 2013) and the Grand Finales series of books. Currently she is the Managing Editor of Pastry Arts Magazine (pastryartsmag.com), host of the Pastry Arts Podcast, and co-founder of pastryathome.com.
In this episode, hosted by Shawn Wenner, President and Editor-in-Chief of Pastry Arts magazine, we discuss:
- How Tish got into the pastry business
- How she got her first cookbook published
- Cookbook writing – is it right for you?
- What goes into a cookbook proposal
- Two routes: traditional vs. self publishing
- Funding your book via crowd sourcing site
- Reflecting on career choices in the pastry business
- And much more!
Listen & subscribe to Pastry Arts Podcast on: