Born and raised in the south of France, Didier Saba started his career as an accountant, but his love for creating French pastries eventually led to training at the famous pastry school Lenôtre. With the help of a renowned pastry chef from Lenôtre, he relocated to the United States and opened his first Le Macaron French Pastries Cafe in 2009. Didier and his family founded Le Macaron with the mission of bringing authentic macarons to the States. Educating and delighting customers about how macarons are truly “the gem of pastries” in France, the company has grown over the years through franchising with more than 70 locations nationwide. Today, Le Macaron is the #1 macaron franchise in the nation. Didier, who is the owner and CEO of Le Macaron, is often told that he has mastered the savoir faire of the macaron, which is one of the most difficult pastries to make.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Didier came to specialize in macarons
- Coming to the U.S. to open a macaron shop in Florida
- Achieving success in a bad economy
- Adding more French products to the line
- Franchising Le Macaron
- Tips for making perfect macarons
- Most popular macaron flavors in the U.S. vs. France
- Didier’s advice for prospective pastry chefs
- And much more!