Cedric Barbaret, owner, operator and chef of Bistro Barbaret & Bakery in Lancaster, PA, has over 25 years of professional pastry experience as well as a Master’s Degree in Pastry from Patisserie Chereau in France. His passion for pastry began at Patissrerie Barbaret, his family’s bakery near Lyon, France, where he served his apprenticeship. Chef Barberet’s experience includes a position as Executive Pastry Chef at Donald Trump’s prestigious Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida. While working in Palm Beach in 2005, he spent two months creating Donald Trump’s five-foot high, seven-tier Grand Marnier chiffon wedding cake. Barberet has also worked at the Las Vegas M Resort Casino & Spa with Executive Pastry Chef Jean Claude Canestrier. In 2009, Barberet joined the prestigious team at Philadelphia’s Le Bec-Fin as the Executive Pastry Chef and most recently served as the Executive Pastry Chef for Buddakan. Follow Chef Barbaret on Instagram at @cedricbarbaret or the business at @bistrobarbaretandbakery.
In this episode we discuss:
- Cedric’s pastry roots at his family’s patisserie in France
- His decision to get a Master’s degree in pastry at the age of 18
- How he landed in America as a young pastry chef
- Designing and making Donald and Melania Trump’s wedding cake
- Opening the luxury M Resort in Las Vegas: hello high volume!
- His days as Executive Pastry Chef at Le Bec Fin in Philadelphia
- Winning FoodNetwork’s Chopped Sweets
- And much more!
Episode Sponsored by
Imagine a milk-alike, plant-based chocolate that tastes great and does good. That’s what makes new Belcolade M. Plant Based Cacao-Trace Chocolate so exceptional. Our cocoa beans are carefully selected and fermented to perfection at our post-harvest centers across the globe. The result is a creamy, dairy-free chocolate like no other—and greater income for our cocoa farmers. Take your creations to the next level with Belcolade M. Plant-Based Chocolate. Great Taste, Doing Good.