In this episode, we talk with Ron Ben-Israel, pastry genius, and owner of one of the finest couture cake studios of our times – Ron Ben-Israel Cakes. His trendsetting cakes have been featured in countless books, TV shows, films, publications, and in many of New York’s premier hotels and venues. Plus, Ron has been the host and judge of the Food Network’s hit show Sweet Genius for three seasons, a show that has since been syndicated around the world, as well as a judge for three seasons on the FN’s Cake Wars as well as several holiday specials.
In the episode we discuss:
- Ron’s accidental start in the cake business
- The mentor who inspired him & lessons learned
- His career evolution & rise in his popularity
- Working with clients & how he deals with difficult ones
- Transporting elaborate cakes long distances
- Ron’s preference for icing & his new favorite cake color
- Thoughts on cooking shows & their direction
- A trend in baking he’d like to see go away
- Much more!
Listen & subscribe to Pastry Arts Podcast on
And we’d love an honest rating & review – they are appreciated!
Plus, don’t miss the profile on Ron Ben-Israel in the Winter Issue of Pastry Arts Magazine by Robert Wemischner. Available in the App Store & Google Play now!