(This recipe appeared in the Fall 2019 issue of Pastry Arts Magazine)
Yield: 16 servings
Graham Cracker Crust
- 675 g graham cracker crumbs
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 90 g unsalted butter
- Mix all ingredients together and line the bottom of molds with mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350˚F.
- 375 g whole eggs
- 360 g granulated sugar
- 15 g vanilla extract
- 1360 g (1 tub) Smithfield Pourable Cream Cheese
- 255 g Alouette Crème Fraiche
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, Smithfield Pourable Cream Cheese and Alouette Crème Fraiche in bowl of electric mixer and whip to desired consistency. Portion or scale into prepared molds.
- Bake in a water bath until set, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cool completely and chill.
- 14 g Clear Jel
- 170 g white grape juice, divided
- 170 g granulated sugar
- 283 g raspberry puree
- Dilute Clear Jel in ½ of the grape juice.
- Add sugar to remaining grape juice and bring to a boil. Whisk in the Clear Jel mixture and cook until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in raspberry puree. Strain through a chinois and cool.
- Fresh raspberries
- Spread a spoonful of coulis in a wide strip on plate. Unmold cake and place on coulis. Garnish with fresh raspberries.