This dessert was inspired by the works of Spanish sculptor Santiago Calatrava, whose sculptural forms often resemble living organisms. I chose the vivid red color for the glaze, because it’s representative of love and passion. Also, from my point of view, the oval shape of the dessert represents the lips.
Mold used: “Kit Lovissimo” by Silikomart
White Chocolate-Yogurt Mousse
- 5 g gelatin sheets
- 125 ml Greek yogurt
- 235 g Opalys 33% white chocolate, melted
- 250 g heavy whipping cream
- Bloom the gelatin, squeeze dry, and then dissolve it in the yogurt.
- Combine the chocolate and the yogurt mixture.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft mounds only (half whipped). Incorporate the chocolate mixture with the whipped cream.
Pressed Sablée with Yogurt
- 200 g Opalys 33% white chocolate
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 150 g freeze-dried (lyophilized) yogurt
- 25 g dehydrated cherries
- Melt the white chocolate and butter separately and mix together. Add the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Place in oval insert mold (77 ml) and chill until firm.
- 20 gelatin sheets
- 300 g cherry puree
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 100 g fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- Bloom the gelatin.
- Heat the cherry puree together with the sugar and add the drained gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Pour into oval insert mold (77 ml) and add the cherries. Chill.
Acadia Honey Cake
- 6 medium eggs
- 180 g acadia honey
- 180 g rice flour
- In mixer fitted with whisk attachment, whip the eggs and honey together until tripled in volume. Sift the flour and gently fold in. Spread on a half sheet pan and bake at 320˚F.
Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration Glaze
- 125 ml water
- 225 g granulated sugar
- 225 g glucose
- 160 g sweetened condensed milk
- 5 g gelatin sheets, bloomed
- 225 g Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration Chocolate
- 90 g neutral glaze
- Red food coloring
- Bring the water, sugar and glucose to 221˚F. Add the condensed milk, the drained gelatin, the chocolate and the neutral glaze. Finally, add the red food coloring and mix well.
Strawberry-Inspired Chocolate Bath
- 300 g Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration Chocolate
- 100 g of vegetable oil
- 100 g freeze-dried raspberry powder
- Melt the chocolate and mix it with the oil and raspberry powder.
- Fill a 5.5-inch long oval mold (“Kit Lovissimo” by Silikomart) to within an inch of the top with the mousse. Press in the gelée insert, then the Pressed Sablée with Yogurt. Spread a thin layer of the mousse on top and top with the honey cake. Freeze until firm.
- Unmold and glaze with the Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration Glaze. Bathe the bottom of the dessert with the Strawberry-Inspired Chocolate Bath. Garnish as desired.
About Chef Francisco Broccolo
A native of Valencia, Venezuela, Francisco Broccolo is currently in charge of a small bakery, Za Brioscia, in the Ligurian region of Italy. Here Chef Broccolo expresses his creativity through local products, crafting surprising and innovative flavor combinations. He is a graduate of Le Gourmet, Centro de Estudios Culinarios Valencia, and has worked in various restaurants in the Valencia area. Pastry and baking has always been an interest of Chef Broccolo’s, particularly the world of chocolate. He attended the Simon Bolivar University to immerse himself into this realm and learn more about the cocoa industry and working with chocolate.