(This recipe appeared in the Fall 2021 issue of Pastry Arts Magazine)
Pairing various ingredients with chocolate opens up a world of exponential flavor.
By Michael Laiskonis
Served as an elegant plated dessert, or scaled-down to a pre-dessert, this verrine shows off multiple expressions of Boiron’s Raspberry Purée. Guittard’s Crème Française 31% White Couverture Chocolate adds depth and a creamy counterpoint.
Yield: 10 verrines
- 225 g Boiron Raspberry Purée
- 75 g fresh raspberries
- 1.5 gelatin sheets, bloomed
- 50 g invert sugar
- Combine the raspberry purée and fresh raspberries in a saucepan. Gently bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Whisk in the gelatin and invert sugar. Deposit the mixture to verrine glasses and freeze to set.
Raspberry White Chocolate Crémeux
- 75 g whole milk
- 75 g heavy cream (36% fat)
- 40 g glucose syrup
- 3 gelatin sheets, bloomed
- 75 g Guittard Crème Française 31% White Couverture Chocolate, chopped
- 300 g Boiron Raspberry Purée
- Combine the milk, cream and glucose in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the bloomed gelatin.
- Whisk in the white chocolate and raspberry purée.
- Emulsify thoroughly with an immersion blender. Deposit a layer of the cremeux into verrine glasses and chill to set.
- 150 g whole milk
- 210 g heavy cream (36% fat), divided
- 2 g lemon zest
- ½ vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 80 g egg yolks, beaten
- 4 gelatin sheets, bloomed
- Combine the milk, 50 g of the heavy cream, the sugar, vanilla bean and lemon zest in a small saucepan. Bring just to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly whisk in the egg yolks. Return to heat and cook to 185˚F (85˚C). Add the bloomed gelatin, strain, and allow to cool to 86˚F (30˚C).
- Whip the remaining 160 g cream and gently fold it into the cooled base.
- Deposit a layer of the mousse into verrine glasses and chill.
- Fresh raspberries
- Pistachio nuts
- Confectioners’ sugar
- White chocolate décor
- Edible gold leaf
- Allow the verrines to temper under refrigeration and garnish with raspberries, pistachio nuts, confectioners’ sugar, white chocolate décor and gold leaf.
* Photos by Audrey Ma