(This article appeared in the Spring 2020 issue of Pastry Arts Magazine)
Sponsored by: AUI
Yield: 24 servings
- 320 g Felchlin California Almond Paste 1:1 (#750064)
- 315 g eggs, divided
- 1.5 g sea salt
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter, melted
- 50 g N.U.T Almond Flour (#204168)
- 5 g baking powder
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, blend together the almond paste, 115 g of the eggs and the salt until smooth. Switch the attachment to a whip and add the sugar and the remaining 200 g eggs and whip to full volume. Fold in the melted butter, almond flour and baking powder. Bake 374ºF/190ºC for 10-12 minutes, or until done (see step #1 of Assembly instructions below).
Opus Blanc White Chocolate Ganache:
- 190 g heavy cream 35%
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 30 g Pastry Ideale Inverted Sugar (#505093)
- 280 g Opus Blanc Sélection 35% White Couverture (#750007)
- Bring the cream, butter and invert sugar to a boil. Pour in increments over the Opus Blanc 35% white couverture using a plastic spatula to obtain a smooth homogeneous ganache. Briefly homogenize using a hand blender. Allow to crystallize overnight.
- 250 g whole milk
- 250 g heavy cream
- 50 g Pastry Ideale Glucose Syrup (#505092)
- 100 g egg yolks
- 25 g granulated sugar
- 550 g Couverture Bionda White Caramel Rondo 36% (#750082)
- Make an anglaise with the milk, heavy cream, glucose, egg yolks and sugar. Strain over the Bionda and emulsify.
- 60 g water
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 400 g Ponthier Chilled Raspberry Puree (#655062)
- 25 g Sosa Ingredients Gelcrem Cold (#672136)
- Make a simple syrup with the water and the sugar. Allow to cool.
- Combine the syrup with the remaining ingredients using an immersion blender until the Gelcrem is evenly distributed and the mixture is homogenous.
- 24 Filigrano Medium Chocolate Rectangles (#009132)
- 1 PCB Creation Bohemian Spring Transfer Sheet (#626024)
- Felchlin Sao Palme 60% Couverture (750016), tempered, as needed
- Bake the Almond Sponge in the chocolate tart shells.
- Make chocolate décor as desired using the tempered couverture and the transfer sheet. Allow to crystallize. 3. Once completely cooled, decoratively pipe the Opus Blanc White Chocolate Ganache using a St. Honore tip. Pipe the Bionda Cremeux using a star tip. Using a small parchment paper cone, pipe the Raspberry “Curd” decoratively over the Opus Blanc White Chooclate Ganache and the Bionda Cremuex. Garnish with the décor made using the transfer sheet.