(This recipe appeared in the Summer 2019 issue of Pastry Arts Magazine)
Nothing says summer to me more than the combination of strawberry and rhubarb. The frambosa variety of rhubarb that Ponthier selects for their purée is the best out there, hands-down. It is pink, vibrant and has a great tartness that pairs perfectly with the Ponthier 100% strawberry purée, made from Senga Sengana and Camarosa varieties. To balance all the fruit in this recipe, I love to use the Felchlin Edelweiss white couverture and yogurt. This is summer on a plate!
Yield: 30 servings
- 8 pt strawberries
- 240 g granulated sugar
- 60 g Ponthier Lemon Chilled Purée 100%
- Wash and quarter the strawberries. Place in a stainless steel bowl, sprinkle with sugar and add lemon purée. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place over a pot of simmering water. Simmer for 1 hour, allowing strawberries to release their juices.
- Strain, and discard strawberries.
Felchlin Edelweiss White Chocolate Yogurt Mousse
- 8 g gelatin sheets, bloomed
- 650 g Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 10 g Ponthier Lemon Chilled Purée 100%
- 720 g Felchlin Edelweiss White Couverture Coins
- 500 g heavy cream, whipped
- Add the bloomed melted gelatin to the Greek yogurt; add the lemon purée, then add to the melted white chocolate and stir to combine. Fold in the heavy whipped cream.
- Pipe into a ring mold and freeze.
Ponthier Rhubarb Fruit Glass
- 550 g Ponthier Rhubarb Purée
- 10 g Sosa agar agar
- 195 g granulated sugar
- 100 g glucose
- 10 g Sosa maltodextrin powder
- Using a hand blender, combine the purée and agar in a medium pot. Add the sugar and glucose. Stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil. Pour the mixture into a shallow container and refrigerate until fully set and chilled.
- Blend the set mixture in a chilled high-speed blender until a smooth purée is obtained. Add the maltodextrin and continue to blend until dissolved. Spread the gel onto a thin sheet on a lightly greased sheet of acetate and dehydrate for 24 hours.
Sosa Yogurt Strawberry Micro Sponge
- 300 g egg whites
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 60 g almond flour
- 20 g all-purpose flour
- 60 g Sosa Yopols Mediterranean
- 20 g strawberry powder
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and shred well until the mixture is fine and even.
- Strain the mixture and put into a siphon, adding three loads of nitrous oxide and beating vigorously between loads. Make three small cuts in the base of a plastic cup for even cooking. Put the mixture into the plastic cup up to 1/3 of its capacity. Cook for 30 seconds in a 900-Watt microwave.
Ponthier Rhubarb Strawberry Sorbet
- 300 g Ponthier Rhubarb Purée
- 300 g Ponthier Strawberry Purée 100%
- 60 g Sosa Prosorbet 100 Cold
- 75 g glucose powder
- 40 g water
- Blend all ingredients; allow the mixture to mature overnight in an ice cream machine.
- Pipe into quenelle molds and freeze.
- Micro flowers
- Sliced strawberries
- Place White Chocolate Yogurt Mousse ring onto plate. Ladle the Strawberry Consommé into the center; break up the Rhubarb Glass into pieces and arrange them decoratively. Place Strawberry Yogurt Micro Sponge around the edges with a quenelle of Rhubarb Sorbet. Garnish with a strawberry slices micro flowers.
You must be logged in to post a comment.