Corporate Pastry Chef, AUI Fine Foods
(This recipe appeared in the Winter 2022 issue of Pastry Arts Magazine)
Inspired by love and passion, this Raspberry Rose Lychee Tartlet is the perfect dessert this Valentine’s season. Featuring exquisite and sweet raspberry rose lychee purée from Ponthier and sweet and creamy Zürimix Panna Cotta, this elegant dessert can be prepared with ease. A HUG Filigrano all-butter tartlet is filled with decadent almond frangipane then topped with panna cotta. It is adorned with a heart-shaped raspberry rose lychee mousse with a surprise gelée insert, then decorated with a shiny glaze and beautiful PCB decor to finish its festive appearance. This alluring and modern tartlet is sure to make Valentine’s day extra sweet!
Yield: 20 Servings
- 500 g Felchlin California 1:1 Almond Paste (#750064)
- 250 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 250 g whole eggs
- 125 g cake flour
- 1 g salt
- 560 g Frutta Prima Orchard Raspberry Jam (#607006)
- 20 HUG Filigrano Extra Large tartlet shells (#009016)
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the almond paste with the softened butter. Slowly add the eggs, scrape the bowl and add the dry mix until combined. Allow to rest.
- Pipe 28 g of raspberry jam in the bottom of the tart shell. Then pipe 56 g of the Frangipane on top. Bake at 350˚F (177˚C) until done. Allow to cool.
Raspberry Rose Lychee Gelée
- 800 g Pontheir Raspberry Rose Lychee Puree (#655084), divided
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 12 g Pastry Ideale Sheet Gelatin Gold (#018040), bloomed
- Melt half the puree with the sugar, melt the gelatin, stir in, and incorporate. Add the remaining puree. Pour into Silikomart Globe Mold (#591071) or desired molds and freeze.
- 50 g Zürimix Panna Cotta Mix (#504110)
- 250 g heavy cream
- 250 g whole milk
- Combine the Zürimix, heavy cream and milk in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil for 2-3 minutes, while whisking constantly. Dispense over the cooled frangipane tartlets, then refrigerate until assembly.
Raspberry Rose Lychee Mousse
- 500 g Ponthier Raspberry Rose Lychee Puree (#655084)
- 150 g egg yolks
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 14 g Pastry Ideale Sheet Gelatin (#018040), bloomed
- 500 g heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- In a saucepan bring the puree to a boil. Combine the yolks and sugar; temper into the puree, then bring the mixture to 183˚F (84˚C). Add the gelatin, then allow it to cool before folding in the whipped cream.
- Pipe into Silikomart Amorini Origami Heart Mold (#5924044356). Unmold the gelée, press inside the center, scrape off excess mousse and freeze.
- Frutta Prima Cold Glazing Gel (#505080), as needed
- Pastry Ideale Peony Pink Gel Color (#586110)
- Fresh raspberries
- PCB Creation Chocolate Croquant Pink (#616833) décor
- PCB Creation Mini Lips Duo (#608305) décor
- Add desired peony pink gel color to cold glazing gel. Unmold the frozen mousse, place on glazing rack and glaze with the cold glazing gel. Place on top of the tart, garnish with fresh raspberries, and PCB décor.
You must be logged in to post a comment.