Yield: 6 servings
Soft Chocolate Pudding
- 475 g milk
- 25 g heavy cream
- 100 g granulated sugar, divided
- 15 g cornstarch
- 80 g egg yolks
- 100 g 68% chocolate
- Heat up milk, heavy cream and half of the sugar in saucepan.
- In bowl, mix together the remaining sugar, cornstarch, and the egg yolks until smooth.
- Combine the two mixtures in the saucepan and cook to 185˚F.
- Pour over chocolate and blend until the mixture is smooth and has a soft texture.
- Let set in refrigerator overnight.
Soba Cha Foam
- 1 sheet gelatin
- 450 g milk
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 400 g heavy cream
- 20g roasted soba cha
- Bloom gelatin sheet in cold water.
- Bring milk, sugar, and heavy cream to a light boil.
- Infuse soba cha for about 10 minutes, or to taste.
- Add the bloomed gelatin sheet.
- Cool down the mixture and fill into siphon canister, then add 2 charges.
Chocolate – Sea Salt Crumble
- 200 g demerara sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 165 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g almond flour
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 3 g sea salt
- Mix demerara sugar and butter to creamy texture.
- Combine and sift together the flour, almond flour, cocoa powder and sea salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the creamed butter and sugar.
- Roll out into sheets, freeze, then bake at 325˚F for about 10 minutes.
Milk Ice Cream
- 885 g milk
- 250 g heavy cream
- 60 g milk powder
- 180 g granulated sugar
- 60 g dextrose
- Heat together milk and heavy cream.
- Add milk powder a small amount at a time.
- Mix the sugar and dextrose together, then add to the heated mixture at 113˚F.
- Cook the mixture to 185˚F.
- Rest overnight, then spin in an ice cream machine.
- Pipe the soft chocolate pudding in the middle of the dish.
- Sprinkle sea-salt chocolate crumble all over the pudding.
- Scoop milk ice cream and place on the pudding in the middle of the plate.
- Apply soba-cha foam on top until the foam drip down to cover ice cream scoop.
- Place chocolate meringue on top and push down gently.
- Dust cocoa powder around side of the meringue so the dust falls on the foam, as well.