Yield: 8 to 10 tartlets
- 340 g unsalted butter
- 200 g confectioners’ sugar
- 50 g superfine granulated sugar
- 150 g fresh eggs
- 85 g almond powder
- 650 g all-purpose flour
- 15 g corn flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients together, then add to the butter-sugar mixture and combine well until formed into a dough. Gather the dough into a disc, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until well chilled.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of 2.5 mm and line 3-inch tart molds with it. Bake in convection oven at 300˚F with fan for about 15 minutes.
- 200 g Elle & Vire cream 35%
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 20 g liquid glucose
- 220 g Valrhona Itakuja 55% chocolate
- Bring the cream, butter and liquid glucose to a boil over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Remove the cream mixture from the heat and check the temperature; when it reaches 113˚F, add the chocolate and emulsify.
- Pour the ganache into the tart shells and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Decorate with chocolate or raspberry garnish.
About Adam Schihab
Adam Schihab is an internationally renowned chef, bakery consultant and passionate globetrotter who has worked in ten different countries at five-star hotels and resorts around the world, including the Four Seasons, Waldorf Astoria, Conrad Hilton Dusit Thani, Ritz-Carlton, and Relais & Châteaux in France. He has received formal and culinary training from prestigious schools including Ecole Le Notre, the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie, the Academy of Pastry Arts, and HTC, the French culinary school in France and Asia.
Adam is a food influencer on social media, where he promotes culinary dishes and other chefs’ work on various social media profiles, including @professionalchefs on Instagram. He uses social media and his passion for entrepreneurship and food to build a network of the world’s best culinary professionals, and is always looking to partner with new business professionals and chefs to take on the next thrilling food project. You can explore Adam’s latest baking and gourmet daily adventures on Instagram: @vanilla__sa @Vanillaksa and @fourberry17.