(This recipe appeared in the Fall 2022 issue of Pastry Arts Magazine)
Chef & CIA Bachelor’s Alumnae ‘05, Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, IL
The quality and consistency of The Perfect Purée Strawberry Purée works, well, perfectly in this particular recipe due to the need to freeze the cheesecakes for unmolding. There isn’t a concern of varying water amounts that could cause ice crystals, and the bright and fresh strawberry flavor is always there.
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 sheet gelatin
- 140 g The Perfect Purée Strawberry Purée, thawed
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 80 g Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration Chocolate, melted
- 540 g ricotta impastata
- 520 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 170 g heavy cream
- Bloom the gelatin.
- Bring the strawberry purée and sugar to a simmer. Whisk in the bloomed gelatin and melted Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration Chocolate.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the ricotta and cream cheese until very light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides often to ensure even mixing and that there are no lumps. Add the strawberry mixture and continue paddling until combined and smooth.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold into the ricotta mixture.
- Pipe into vessels to chill; or mold, freeze and glaze.
Serve with cookie base or crumbles of choice, fresh strawberries and Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration Petals.
You must be logged in to post a comment.