(This recipe appeared in the Winter 2020 issue of Pastry Arts Magazine)
Sponsored by AUI
Yield: 55 servings
Early Grey Marshmallow
- 250 g Zürimix Marshmallow Mix (#504156)
- 217 g Earl Grey tea, brewed
- In a saucepan, bring the brewed Earl Grey Tea to a boil.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the marshmallow mix together with the boiling tea. Whip the mixture on low speed for 2 minutes, then increase the speed to high and continue to whip for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 160 g heavy cream
- 100 g light corn syrup
- 24 g dark brown sugar
- 1 g Original Bourbon Vanilla Beans, Planifolia (Madagascar) Grade A, Long (#596101)
- 57 g granulated sugar
- 2 g salt
- In a saucepot, combine heavy cream, light corn syrup, dark brown sugar, and vanilla and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- Make a dry caramel with the granulated sugar and the salt. Deglaze with the heavy cream mixture. Continue to cook the sugar until it reaches 238˚F/ 114˚C. Allow to cool before using.
- HUG Mini Sweet Tartlet Round 1.5in/ 4cm (#009083), as needed
- Felchlin Milk Ultra Glaze (#750149), as needed
- Pastry Ideale Gold Metallic Pump (#586115)