Brioche with Passion Fruit Inspiration Cheesecake by Greg Mindel
Passion Fruit Inspiration Cheesecake
- 500 g PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION
- 600 g cream cheese
- 250 g Greek yogurt
- 85 g butter (melted)
- 90 g cane sugar
- 140 g eggs
- 30 g bread flour
- 30 g corn starch
- 1 g salt
- Leave eggs and cream cheese at room temperature until they reach 24-27°C (75-80°F).
- Melt PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION.
- Carefully warm the Greek yogurt, be careful it does not get too hot.
- Place cream cheese and melted butter into robocoupe and process until smooth, scrape as you go.
- Add eggs one by one, scrape to ensure no lumps.
- Make a ganache with the Greek yogurt and PASSION FRUIT INSPIRATION, then add to Robot Coupe.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, corn starch, salt, sugar), add to Robot Coupe and mix until smooth.
Bake the cheesecake:
- Make the insert by piping into desired mold.
- Place mold into a water bath and cover.
- Bake covered and in a water bath at 135°C (275°F) for about 40-45 minutes (approximately 50-75g insert).
- Remove from mold. Store in freezer until needed.
Passion Fruit Glaze
- 500 g passion fruit purée
- 90 g cane sugar
- 3.5 g agar agar
- Place passion fruit purée into saucepan and warm slightly.
- Combine sugar and agar agar, whisk into purée. Use an immersion blender to combine. Bring to a boil. Cast into metal 3rd pan and place into cooler until set.
- Place into Vitamix or immersion blend to achieve a smooth gel like texture.
Medium Rich Brioche Buns
- 1% Sponge
- 375 g King Arthur bread flour
- 263 g water
- .4 g red yeast
- .4 g salt
- 800 g bread flour
- 29 g salt
- 20 g gold yeast
- 260 g muscovado sugar
- 250 g milk
- 200 g eggs
- 250 g egg yolks
- 600 g European butter
- AN Sponge
- Prep sponge 7-10 hours before. Starting temperature depending.
- Combine milk, eggs, egg yolks, Sponge, bread flour, salt, gold yeast, and 30% of sugar in a stand mixer. Mix on 1st speed for 5 minutes. Scrape as needed
- Mix on 2nd speed for 9-11 minutes and scrape as needed.
- Add remaining sugar at improved development (2-4 minutes).
- Add cold, soft and pliable butter (approximately 85% intensive).
- Mix is complete when butter is combined, the dough cleans away from the sides of bowl and an organized, strong window is achieved.
- Desired dough temperature: 25-26°C (77-78°F).
- Bulk for 45minutes.
- Rest and set dough into cooler or freezer to achieve a manageable dough texture (not too soft, with a slight chill).
- Divide dough into 40g- 70g pieces (as desired).
- Pre-shape: boule
- Shape: boule
- Proof for approximately 3 hours.
- Bake at 166-177°C (330-350°F) for 10-12 minutes.
- Store in freezer shaped. Pull as needed.
Assembly & Finishing
- Proof Medium Rich Brioche Buns for approximately 3 hours, until triple volume.
- Egg wash Brioche and place Passion Fruit Inspiration Cheesecake insert into the dough.
- Bake Brioche at 168°C (335°F) for approximately 10-11 minutes (ovens vary so adjust bake time and temperature to desired color and texture, not very dark and soft, not dry).
- Toast coconut chips
- Fresh lime zest
- Powdered sugar