Zoë François studied art at the University of Vermont while also founding a cookie company as a way to earn extra money. She then traveled throughout Europe, tasting pastries along the way, and later studied at the Culinary Institute of America in New York. Since then she has been a pastry chef at several Twin Cities restaurants and has worked repeatedly with Andrew Zimmern. Together with Jeff Hertzberg she wrote the book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, which turned into a bestselling series. She created the Zoë Bakes website in order to share her passion for pastry. She lives in Minneapolis with her husband, Graham, and two sons, her best creations yet!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What Zoë learned about food growing up on a commune in Vermont
- About her experience opening her first business, selling cookies
- About her big break – being hired as a pastry assistant by Andrew Zimmern
- How she met and began a cookbook collaboration with Dr. Jeff Hertzberg
- All about her latest solo book, Zoë Bakes Cakes
- Some of Zoë’s tips for making beautiful desserts
- How she landed her own show on the Magnolia Network
- And much, much more!
Listen & subscribe to Pastry Arts Podcast on: