Nathaniel Reid is the chef and owner of Nathaniel Reid Bakery in Kirkwood, Missouri. After graduating from Le Cordon Bleu in Paris with a Grand Diploma in Culinary and Pastry Arts, Chef Reid worked in top pastry kitchens around the world, including Michelin 3-star restaurant, Joël Robuchon, in Las Vegas and the AAA Five Diamond St. Regis hotel in California.
In August 2016, his longtime dream to own his pastry shop became a reality with the opening of Nathaniel Reid Bakery. With his namesake brand, Reid takes thoughtful consideration into every detail of the guest experience. Each guest is greeted with a friendly, professional welcome as they are guided through his carefully curated menu of pastries and confections. From the twelve flavors of macarons to the spellbinding specialty cakes to the perfectly executed croissants and French pastries, each offering showcases Reid’s care for quality ingredients and expert technique. He built his bakery to be a place for the community and, in just a short amount of time, it has become just that – a community bakery led by a man with a superior talent and an even bigger heart.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why Nathaniel switched his studies from biology to pastry
- His decision to move to Paris to attend Le Cordon Bleu
- Overcoming a setback, when a promised job in NYC didn’t materialize
- Working on the opening pastry team at Joel Robuchon in Las Vegas
- His first gig as an Executive Pastry Chef at the St. Regis Monarch Beach
- His position at Norman Love Confections in FL
- Nathaniel’s tip for making perfect pâte à choux
- And much more!