Born in Senegal of Lebanese parents, Karim Bourgi moved to Paris at the age of 16. After graduating from Le Cordon Bleu Paris in 2001, he began his career in Beirut at La Cigale, followed by Laduree Paris Champs Élysée, Makyan Traiteur, Goû Beirut, and Fauchon Paris in Dubai. Currently, he is the head pastry chef of Al Mana Group, and the regional development and creation chef for La Maison du Chocolat Paris. He believes that excellence is achieved by virtue of persistence and surrendering to true passion in pastry.
In this episode we discuss:
- Chef Bourgi’s pastry training
- His creative process
- Where he gets his inspiration for new desserts
- His philosophy on garnishes
- Key considerations for designing dessert décor
- Thoughts on the Covid-19 crisis
- And more!
Get your free 4-day pass to the Pastry Summit at www.pastrysummit.com!
Listen & subscribe to Pastry Arts Podcast on: