In this episode, we talk with Jen Yee, an award-winning and James Beard recognized pastry chef. Yee serves as Executive Pastry Chef for the notable Linton Hopkins and his hospitality group, Resurgens, with a focus on his flagship, Restaurant Eugene. She walks us through her career and recalls the moments that shaped her professionally.
In the episode we discuss:
- Her path from architect to pastry chef
- First job at Gordon Ramsey’s in London (and did she get yelled at?)
- Working at a trendy Chinese tea salon in London
- First pastry chef gig opening Charlie Palmer’s Aureole in NYC
- SHO in NYC: what it was like working in a Michelin 2-star restaurant
- Opening Andrew Carmelini’s Lafayette restaurant and bakery
- Her process of developing desserts and being inspired by new ingredients
- How she manages to maintain a personal life/work balance
- And lots more!
Listen & subscribe to Pastry Arts Podcast on: