Chef Pfeiffer’s exceptional career began with an apprenticeship in Alsace at the famous Jean Clauss Pâtisserie. Following his apprenticeship in Strasbourg, Pfeiffer went on to establish himself as a leading figure in the art of pastry working with some world-renowned families and establishments. Some of these include: the Royal Family in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia; the Sultan of Brunei; the Hyatt Regency, Hong Kong; a prestigious pastry shop in Palo Alto, California; and both the Fairmont and Sheraton hotels in Chicago, Illinois. These experiences led Chef Pfeiffer to teach and consult for some of the most prominent properties and companies worldwide, such as the Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the Atlantis Hotel in the Bahamas, and the Adolphus Hotel in Dallas, Texas.
In 1995, Pfeiffer, along with Sébastien Canonne, M.O.F., founded The French Pastry School, which is considered one of the leading pastry and baking institutions in the world. He is the author of the James Beard Award-winning cookbook, The Art of French Pastry, and has received numerous awards, including the French Legion of Honour Award, the highest honor awarded in France and the equivalent of knighthood.
In this episode we discuss:
- Surviving an apprenticeship at an Alsatian patisserie
- Working as the Executive Pastry Chef for the Sultan of Brunei
- New challenges: working in the U.S.
- Starting the French Pastry School in Chicago
- Winning silver with Team USA at the Coupe du Monde 1997
- A new challenge: Going for the MOF in Lyon
- Star role: being the subject of the documentary ‘The Kings of Pastry’
- Writing The Art of French Pastry, winner of a James Beard cookbook award
- And much more!
This episode is sponsored by:
Savencia Cheese USA: Creator of the revolutionary new Smithfield Pourable Cream Cheese. Created for chefs, by chefs, the pourable cream cheese eliminates the need to heat, bring to room temperature or paddle and is made with all-natural ingredients, no additives or fillers and whips beautifully to save you time. It’s time to rethink cream cheese. Find out more at: https://savenciafoodserviceusa.com/foodservice/domestic-foodservice/pourable-cream-cheese.html