In this episode, we talk with Emily Luchetti, Chief Pastry Officer of Big Night Restaurant Group. Over the last few decades, Emily helped to define what great pastry in America means.
After working the line at New York restaurants and Jeremiah Tower’s legendary Stars in San Francisco, she switched to the sweet side of the kitchen and didn’t look back. She has authored many books on the subject of pastry, appeared on numerous television programs, and been awarded such honors as the 2001 Women Chefs & Restaurateurs Golden Whisk Award, the 2003 Food Arts Magazine Silver Spoon Award, the 2004 James Beard Foundation award for Outstanding Pastry, and was inducted into the James Beard Foundation Who’s Who of Food & Beverage in America.
In the episode we discuss:
- Her time spent in Gérard Pangaud’s kitchen
- Working with Jeremiah Tower at the legendary Stars Restaurant
- Her thoughts on men and women in the kitchen – both savory and pastry
- The evolution of her style
- Where she draws inspiration for new dishes
- Using fruit purees and the benefits relating to consistency
- Her thoughts on savoring ingredients in desserts
- The process of writing multiple books
- And much more!
Listen & subscribe to Pastry Arts Podcast on:
This episode is sponsored by
As a special offer, listeners can curate their very own complimentary custom sample pack at perfectpuree.com/pastryarts.
*Offer is complimentary for professional chefs and bakers only.