Chef Charity George – known as The Sugar Sorceress – is a pastry chef and cake artist in San Diego, CA. She specializes in chocolate and sugar art, with particular regard for wedding cakes, as well as specialty and extreme cakes. She has also specialized in baking and cooking for those with food allergies and sensitivities. Charity owns d’Zrt Cake Studio in La Mesa, CA.
Charity is also on the Board of Directors for Icing Smiles, a non-profit organization that provides custom celebration cakes and other treats to families impacted by the critical illness of a child.
Charity is the “secret chef” on the extremely popular Netflix show Nailed It! – she’s the pro who creates all of the cakes that the competitors then have to replicate. Charity has also been a judge at numerous cake shows and contests, and has taught sugar arts across the country to sold out workshops.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How Chef Charity got hooked on baking as a child
- Why she left a prestigious culinary school in Paris after three months
- Where she learned the skills necessary to create ‘extreme’ decorated cakes
- How she landed on her first tv show
- How she became the ‘secret chef’ behind the cake creations on Netflix’s Nailed It!
- Her involvement with Icing Smiles, an organization that brings cakes to the families of critically ill children
- The time she had to act as a secret service agent to protect one of her cakes
- And much more!
Listen & subscribe to Pastry Arts Podcast on: