Located in vibrant Dumbo, just minutes away from lower Manhattan, L’École Valrhona Brooklyn is here to welcome professional Chefs for an unforgettable experience. The school is dedicated to serving Chefs as a welcoming venue to exchange ideas and share their high level of expertise with one another. Through immersive learning, Chefs are able to work on perfecting their techniques and discovering current and new trends. The classes range from now one to three days of intensive learning with the world’s finest pastry chefs and classes are tailored to suit the needs of professional chefs with previous experience in the industry.
New and exciting classes this year include online Business Management for Chefs, classes in California and one-day classes for busy chefs who want to consolidate their basics pastry and chocolate technics!
L’École is also thrilled to present new guest chefs this year, including Eunji Lee and renowned vegan pastry chef Toni Rodriguez.
New this year:
- Online Business Management for Chefs with Chip Klose, consultant. Classes start July 31st.
As the partner of Chefs in all aspects of pastry, Valrhona is excited to offer for the first time this business class designed for professional Chefs. Taught by Chip Klose, who has over 20 years of experience working in the industry and consulting, you will learn the important systems and structures to help you launch, grow, and scale a profitable concept.
- Two classes will take place in California:
Artistic Chocolate Showpieces with Chef Stéphane Tréand at The Pastry School in Tustin, CA from April 24th- April26th.
Pastry by Guillaume Roesz in Torrance, CA from May 1st-May 3rd.
- Four One Day In-Person Classes for chefs who feel the need to know more about chocolate and pastry: two “The Essentials of Desserts” and two “Fundamentals of chocolate” classes. Join our Executive Pastry Chef Guillaume Roesz to discover the world of chocolate. The classes will provide an in-depth and hands-on introduction to all there is to know about chocolate.
This year’s lineup features 20 pastry chefs from all over the world coming to teach at L’École Valrhona Brooklyn. Some highlights include:
- Chocolate & Confections Buffet with Chef Adam Thomas from April 17th-April 19th (2.5-Day Class).
- Bachour Bakery Masterclass with Chef Antonio Bachour from July 17th-July 19th (3-Day class).
- Vegan Pastry with Chef Toni Rodriguez from October 2nd-October 4th (3-Day Class).
The classes will also feature L’ École Valrhona’s Corporate Pastry Chefs, with classes including:
- Framed & Molded Chocolate Bonbons with Executive Pastry Chef Guillaume Roesz from May 17th – May 19th,
- Introduction to Chocolate: Basics of Chocolate & Pastry by Chef Sarah Tibbetts from September 12th-September 13th.
- Creative Pâtisserie & Latin Flavors with Chef Gonzo Jiménez (República del Cacao) from June 13th-June 14th.
L’École Valrhona’s online class schedule is just as exciting. Catering to busy home bakers and chefs, these high in demand classes are the perfect, affordable option to enjoy classes without sacrificing your schedule. Classes include:
- Spring Bonbon Flavors with Chef Daniel Joseph Corpuz on April 3rd.
- Components & Textures of Plated Desserts with Chef Jason Morale on August 24th.
- Modern Pastry with Chef Patrice Demers on August 31st.
Chefs can save $200 on your next class by referring a friend and they would also receive a $200 credit to use towards a class of their choice.
L’Ecole Valrhona also offers 20% discount to chefs who are signing up for more than one class with code “BOGO”
Come be a part of L’École Valrhona’s classes and experience a taste of excellence.
Gain technical training with these hands-on classes before they fill up!
Discover Valrhona classes at L’Ecole Valrhona Brooklyn 2023 classes here
About Valrhona Inc.
As a partner to pastry professionals since 1922 and a pioneer in the world of chocolate, Valrhona imagines the best of chocolate by working tirelessly to perfect its expertise, pushing the creative boundaries with a constantly growing aromatic palette and inventing the next revolution in the world of chocolate.
Founded as a small chocolate manufacturer in the French village of Tain l’Hermitage, Valrhona oversees every aspect of its chocolate’s sustainable sourcing in more than 30 terroirs and 20 origins.
With its employees, chefs and cacao producers, Valrhona works to create a just and sustainable cocoa sector and to inspire pastry that is delicious and cutting-edge. Building direct and long-term relationships with producers, searching for the next innovations in chocolate, and sharing expertise all bring Valrhona’s missions to life on a daily basis.
Valrhona supports chefs by sharing the artisanal expertise of the company’s L’École Valrhona pastry chefs and by continuously pushing the limits of creativity, helping chefs to find their individual style and voice in the culinary industry.
In 2020, Valrhona earned the demanding B Corporation® certification, which distinguishes the most committed companies in the world who consider social and environmental impact equal to economic performance.