(This recipe appeared in the Spring 2021 issue of Pastry Arts Magazine)
- 1020 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 340 g granulated sugar
- 25 g all-purpose flour
- 484 g heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 170 g Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Powder
- Dark Chocolate and Cocoa
- 170 g Ghirardelli 60% Dark Chocolate, melted
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle, mix the cream cheese with the sugar to combine, then mix on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour and cream until smooth. Add to the cream cheese mixture and mix to combine. While mixing, add the eggs and yolk ¼ at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary and mixing until blended.
- In another bowl, stir together the Ghirardelli Sweet Ground Powder Dark Chocolate and Cocoa with the melted Ghirardelli 60% Dark Chocolate until blended. Slowly add half of the cheesecake batter to the chocolate mixture, then add the remaining batter and mix until smooth. Scrape the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure the batter is well blended.
- Line a springform pan with parchment paper and add the batter. Bake at 450˚F (232˚C) with level 1 fan for 30 minutes, without opening the oven. Cool completely.
You must be logged in to post a comment.